Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Adventures At Brimfield

I went to Brimfield last week for the first time in a few years. I had a great time. I went there knowing that the majority of the prices would be out of my range, and I was ok with that. I'm used to yard sale and estate sale prices. Anyway, I went with the attitude of just enjoying the day. In past years, it was my goal to see as much as I could in one day. I'd end up sore, exhausted, and frustrated at the end of the day.

My Mother and I went together. It was fun! I had made arrangements for getting the kids off of the bus, so I didn't have to worry, or rush back home. We took our time and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Looking at all of the unique stuff and people watching. Brimfield is a great place to people watch. We packed a lunch and had a picnic in the field where we parked. The weather was just right; cooler and sunny. Here are some pictures of some of things that caught my eye. Enjoy!

This was probably my favorite find of the day. It's a small folk art basket made from the caps of bottles of Guinness. I love it! At $45 it wasn't a bad deal, but it wasn't something that I really needed, so I left it there. 























Here are some more photos from Brimfield:


Lanterns
Flower frogs galore

These metal spheres were all over Brimfield this year.

A wax figure
Need a traffic light??

Love this yard art made from a shovel

Here's another, but a bit bigger.
A Griswold step stool. I didn't know that they made step stools.
This falls under the category of "Why??" This was not the only booth that had these creepy doll things, either.

Another figure. Not sure what he's made of.

This would be great on a wall in a kitchen. At $185 though, you could get the same look by buying your letters at the craft store.
A really cute hutch/cupboard. $395, not bad.

Not antique, but funny.
So, overall, we had a great time. I didn't come home with anything, but that's ok. If anything, it made me want to hit the yard and estate sales with more enthusiasm. If you went to Brimfield, did you come home with anything?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures Meg! Good eye! I did not have a chance to go this year so your album worked wonders...Glad you and Mom had a great time! Maybe next year for me, just to browse of course.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...